Smith Convenes 2020 Youth Advisory Council
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Adrian Smith (R-NE) has announced the names of the Third District high school students who will serve on his Youth Advisory Council for the 2020-2021 academic school year.
Members of Congressman Smith’s 2020-2021 Youth Advisory Council attending their first meeting via Zoom with Brown Sheep Company of Mitchell on August 18th.
2020-2021 Youth Advisory Council members include:
- Alyssa Erthum of Ainsworth, Ainsworth Community Schools
- Alex Worthing of Ogallala, Arthur County Schools
- Katherine Holcomb of Broken Bow, Broken Bow Public Schools
- Derek Schawang of Falls City, Falls City Sacred Heart
- Trey Zwickl of Gering, Gering Public Schools
- Seth Daup of Gothenburg, Gothenburg Public Schools
- Hayden Price of Grand Island, Grand Island Central Catholic
- Christian Wiegert of Grand Island, Grand Island Senior High School
- Kaitlin Berck of Kearney, Kearney Public Schools
- Blake Thiele of Kearney, Kearney Catholic
- Joseph Heirigs of North Platte, North Platte St. Patrick
- Sophia Krondak of North Platte, North Platte St. Patrick
- Ashley Bruha of Comstock, Ord Public Schools
- Jamie Rose Chen of Scottsbluff, Phillips Exeter Academy
- Abigail Meier of Pierce, Pierce Public Schools
Smith’s Youth Advisory Council is a forum for high school students to discuss opinions, thoughts, and concerns about local and federal issues with Smith throughout the school year. Through in-person meetings and other forums, the council provides students an opportunity for involvement and insight into their government and communities.
The council is open to junior and senior high school students who are selected through an application process in the spring. More information is available on Smith’s website at AdrianSmith.house.gov/YouthAdvisoryCouncil.