Committee & Caucuses
My role on the Committee on Ways and Means puts me on the front lines of the debate on how to create jobs, promote economic growth, and impact tax policy. I serve on the Subcommittee on Trade, the Subcommittee on Health, and the Subcommittee on Social Security.
The Committee on Ways and Means is the oldest committee of the United States Congress, and it derives a large share of its jurisdiction from Article I, Section VII of the U.S. Constitution which declares, “All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives.”
The roster of committee members who have gone on to serve in higher office is extensive. Eight Presidents and eight Vice Presidents have served on Ways and Means, as have 21 Speakers of the House of Representatives and four Justices of the Supreme Court.
- Congressional Rural Caucus (Chair)
- Congressional Rural Veterans Caucus (Chair)
- Modern Agriculture Caucus (Chair)
- Congressional Pro-Life Caucus
- Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
- Congressional Western Caucus
- Congressional General Aviation Caucus